IQTELL is not just about tasks. It’s app that can help you manage and organize all your life’s information. Everything is optional, just use what works for you. You can even build custom apps; if you’d like to learn more, email us.
Your Email Through Your Cloud Based IQTELL Workspace
Yes. Your email folders are an integral part of your cloud based IQTELL Workspace. Get everything done from one place.
Your messages from your email accounts will be automatically fetched for you once you sign for your free IQTELL accounts.
All your email will be conveniently organized under your “Email” folders within your IQTELL Workspace. There’s no need to separately log in to your email accounts, and there is no need to forward your messages from any of your existing email accounts.
Log in Once – Everything Is in One Place
Have several email accounts? Gmail? Yahoo? Hotmail? AOL? Others? Not a problem!
Specify your email accounts in your IQTELL profile, and IQTELL will automatically pull all your email from these accounts for you and place them in your “Email” folders in your IQTELL Workspace. Stop wasting valuable time logging in to each account separately.
All you need to do is log in to your IQTELL account at iqtell.com.
Everything will be all there for you “under one roof” – your Emails, Contacts, Documents, Notes, Accounts, Tasks, and all your important information. It will be all efficiently organized within the various folders and sub-folders of your Workspace!
Create Related Entries from Individual Emails
The IQ Application allows you to instantly link and create “follow-up” entries from within anywhere in your IQ Workspace. For example, when you receive an email that requires you to take action (make a phone call, go to a store, or create a to-do item) – in which case, you can quickly create a Task or a Note directly from that email.
Any such newly created entry maintains the information as to which entry in the Workspace was the “Initiating Entry”, so you can easily tell “what caused what.”
Example: You received an email from your favorite online store containing a coupon code. In this case, you would quickly create a task directly from that email to make sure you take advantage of the great discount before it expires. You can even use the built-in IQTELL reminders so that you don’t miss this opportunity.
Add New Contacts Directly from Your Email
Any time you send an email to or receive an email from someone who is not in your Contacts list, the IQ Application will ask if you would like to add that person as a contact. IQTELL will even ask you if you’d like to add a new email address to an existing contact when it recognizes the name.
Example: You have a contact named Jessica Kaplan with an email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. If you receive an email from jessica.kaplan@EAGPJewelers.net, IQTELL will ask if you’d like to add this new address to Jessica Kaplan’s contact information, or if you’d like to create a new contact.
Easily Stay in Touch
IQTELL makes it easier to stay in touch with friends and family with its Auto-search and Auto-complete capabilities. When composing an email within IQTELL, you can simply begin typing the name of a Contact or a Contact Group into the “To”, “Cc”, or “Bcc” portion of the email, and IQTELL will instantly show the matching entries within your “Contacts”, as well as the “Contact Groups” folders. Yes, you can select a contact group and your email will be sent to all the persons within the selected group.
In addition to contact name and email, Auto-complete also searches for additional information, such as company name. Thus, for example, if you are about to compose an email to a person at “PNC Bank”, but forgot that person’s name, you can type “PNC” and IQTELL will automatically search and propose all contacts within that bank. That way, you can easily identify the person to whom you wish to send this email.
Example: If you have a group named “Spring Break Trip ‘09”, just type “spring” into the “To” section and IQTELL will instantly search your contacts for the word “spring”. And so, with a single click of a button, you will be sending an email to all your contacts within this group.
Be Notified when Action Is Required
Using your IQTELL Virtual Workspace, you may also define useful notifications for actions you may need to take relating to your Inbox. Therefore, whether you are next to your computer or away, you will receive email or text messages letting you know that action is required.
Example: Define a simple rule for receiving Notifications when you have more than 10 unread emails in your Inbox.
Example: Set up a notification when you have an email with action required today.
More Ways to Use IQTELL
Friends, Work, and Contact Groups
- A single login to your IQTELL Virtual Workspace allows you to see email from all your email accounts, whether personal, work-related, school, or other. It is all there, in one place!
- Create as many contact groups as you need: friends, college, associations, work, hobbies, and events. They are easy to maintain and help you keep in touch.
- Use your IQTELL Contacts to initiate email, create to-do items (Tasks), log Conversations, and arrange events. Keep track of how everything ties together.
- Manage your business and personal email accounts all in one place – your IQTELL Virtual Workspace. It is simple. Log in to your IQTELL account from anywhere – at work, at home, on vacation, or in a conference – and be able to access all your email from your family, friends, clients, and business associates at once.
- Effectively and consistently maintain your Contacts folder. Add new contacts and update existing ones when you receive emails from potential clients, existing clients, new employees, vendors, and business partners.
- Quite frequently, email requires follow-up, not just an email reply. Use IQTELL’s built-in integration capabilities to initiate Tasks, Notes, Documents, and set Reminders from emails that require further action. Then later, when you view these entries in your IQ Workspace, you can easily see the emails that initiated these follow-up actions.
- Similarly, when reviewing emails you will be able to see whether necessary follow-up actions have been initiated, are pending, or completed.
- Yes, many emails require action – responding with a phone call, gathering and submitting promised answers and proposals, tracking online orders, and much more. The convenience and effectiveness of having email and corresponding Tasks, Notes, Documents, and a quick summary of Phone Calls and Meetings all in one place is quite obvious.
- View all your inboxes of your personal and school email accounts from within your “Email” folder, so that you can easily view all your email in one place, without having to log in and out your various email accounts.
- Organize and access your email attachments by uploading them to your “Documents” folder in your IQTELL Virtual Workspace. And thus, always be able to access them wherever you are whether you’re in your apartment, at home, at your friend’s place, in class, or at the lab.
- Add Contacts “on the fly” when you receive emails from classmates, teachers, or friends.
- Create a Contact Group for each class and project. Quickly send notes, questions, and assignments to any of these contacts groups when you need help or when you can help others.
- 1. Manage Your Tasks in the Cloud
- 2. Create Tasks Instantly
- 3. Easily Set Deadlines and Milestones
- 4. Reminders
- 5. Go Beyond the Sticky Note – a Fully Integrated Solution
- 6. Initiate Tasks from an Email
- 7. See What’s Due at a Glance
- 8. Be Notified when Action Is Required
- 9. Keep Your Priorities Straight
Manage Your Tasks in the Cloud
Managing your tasks and to-do items was never easier.
Use your cloud based IQTELL Workspace to create and manage your tasks. IQTELL offers easy task management, which is simply powerful, and quite importantly, accessible to you from any computer!
Create Tasks Instantly
Add an item to your to-do list with just one click – enter a quick text for the topic and press the “Enter” key. While you’re at it, you can also pick a Due Date and even enter a quick description. Later on, you can review your outstanding tasks from your IQ Application Homepage, mark those that you’re finished with as “Completed”, or add any pertinent information as needed.
Tracking the progress of your tasks is simple. You can tag tasks as “Initiated” at the start, and “Completed” at the end. Others may require further follow up. You may flag those tasks as “In Progress”, note action taken, and specify what you’re waiting for as a next step.
IQTELL enables you to customize how to keep track of your tasks and to-do items your way!
Easily Set Deadlines and Milestones
In addition to Due Dates, you may also find it useful at times, to specify a Milestone, e.g., “Due Date of First Draft”. This way, you can stage tasks to ensure the task is accomplished by the Due Date.
Worried that you might forget items on your to-do list? Set Reminders for any of your tasks. IQTELL will automatically send you email or text message Notifications to let you know about milestones and deadlines that are approaching.
Example: Set a reminder to notify you a day in advance before a presentation is due, or three days ahead of your parents’ anniversary to make sure you have sufficient time to arrange for flowers to be sent.
Go Beyond the Sticky Note – a Fully Integrated Solution
IQTELL offers the ability to add descriptions, comments, and quite importantly, specify related Contactsto any task. You can also link tasks to other relevant information – such as Email, Notes and Documents.
That way, when you’re viewing a task, you can just click on those hyperlinks to view any related document, email, contact, or note.
Example: While viewing the email you received from Joe, your broker, requesting you to send him your credit report; you instantly create a to-do item from this specific email.
Example: When reviewing the “Prepare a Proposal for Calvin” task, you can click on the “Documents” link within that task to automatically open the proposal you have been working on for this client.
Initiate Tasks from an Email
When you check your Email through the IQ Workspace, you can create tasks straight from your messages. In doing so, IQTELL will automatically copy relevant data from the email to the task you’re creating.
When reviewing such tasks at any time, you can always see the email from which you initiated this task.
Example: You get an email from your manager asking you to file a report by a given date. You then create a task so that you have a work item you can track, set a Due Date, and issue yourself reminders.
See What’s Due at a Glance
Simply go to your IQ Application Homepage and see all your tasks that are “Due Today”, “Due This Week” and “Overdue”. You can easily customize these queries, known as IQ Searches, and add any searches to address your specific needs.
You may also perform Quick Searches throughout your Virtual Workspace for to-do items by using any desired keywords and phrases. These are search-engine like searches within your own Workspace. You can perform such searches to instantly find tasks or to-do items that are related to your “Acura” car, “landscaping”, “Statistics class”, or your “mortgage”.
Be Notified when Action Is Required
Using your IQTELL Virtual Workspace, you may also define useful Notifications for actions you may need to take related to your tasks and to-do items. You will receive emails or text messages letting you know when action is required.
Example: You can define a simple rule for receiving notifications when you have “any tasks due today”, when you have “any past due items”, or when you have “at least ten items due this week”.
Keep Your Priorities Straight
Have a busy week coming up? Categorize and assign your tasks with different priority levels so you know which ones to take care of right away, and which ones you can put off for a few days.
- Create a task to call the electric company with questions about your bill.
- Set a Reminder to stop the mail from being delivered while you’re on vacation. Have it sent to your cell phone so you’ll be sure to take care of it.
- Make sure you hire a new lawn mowing service before winter ends so that you’re prepared for the spring.
- Create a task to prepare for your quarterly presentation directly from the email you received from your manager. Easily refer back to that email when you want to verify the requirements.
- After a meeting, quickly add a task to follow up on some questions you promised to answer, or any other action that is required.
- When you’re looking for new office space, create a task to keep track of the contact information of the broker you’re working with, the various places you have seen, and whichever follow-up is required.
- Keep track of all your assignments, presentations, and exams. Set Milestones for the term papers that are due at the end of the month and keep track of related to-do items to complete everything on time.
- Define a task for preparing the material you promised to have ready for the project group meeting next week – defining what you’ve committed to, the promised date, and setting a reminder, accordingly.
- Create a to-do item to call the class president to get more information about your 25th-year high school reunion.
- You have plans to be in New York next month and you want to make sure you touch base with your best friends to meet up and a have a good time. Define a task for this purpose, and easily add relevant Contacts to the “Persons” field within the task to have easy access to your friends’ contact information.
Take Calendar Sync to the Next level
Consolidate & Manage all your Calendars in IQTELL
- Add as many calendars to IQTELL – GCAL, Yahoo, Outlook and more.
- All calendar events are “two-way” synced.
Know What’s On The Radar
Use your IQTELL Dashboard to get a quick overview of your upcoming events from ALL of your calendars.
Add any IQTELL item to any of your synched Calendars
- Easily add Actions, Projects, Evernotes, etc. to your calendars.
- You decide which calendar to sync – Add dates & times for your “work” actions on your shared work calendar, and important “family” events on your shared family calendar.
Synch with your Smartphone
If your calendars are synched to your Smartphone, then all your IQTELL calendar events will seamlessly synch to your Smartphone as well.
Organize Your Life
Share calendars with the rest of your household.
Keep track of your entire day in IQTELL! Include any type of event – birthdays and weddings, medical appointments and more.
- View your schedule from your mobile device while on the go. Quickly check event details such as location, time and even your notes on the event.
- Still using Outlook for work email? No problem. Install Google’s Calendar Sync Tool and you’ll be ready to go in no time. (We recommend a 2-way sync, with a synchronization time interval of 10 to 20 minutes so you’ll never miss a beat.)
- “Exam? Tomorrow?“ – Never fall victim to this circumstance popular with college students. Add all of your important dates to your calendar – exams, assignments, papers, projects, office hours – and stay on top of it all using email or mobile reminders.
- Easily accessible on the go from your mobile device or a public computer on campus.
- Share your calendar with your close friends and see who’s in class and who you can share a meal with in between classes.
- Education is of the utmost importance, but it’s also important to have fun! Effortlessly see when you have free time (after studying!) to enjoy yourself, and block it off in your calendar.
Easy Project Management
IQTELL is the perfect app to help you manage your projects effectively. Projects are not just a high-level objective, a due date, and some tasks. When managing and coordinating a project, we often need to keep track of: emails, calendar events, reminders, notes, contacts, files, and information on other apps like Google Drive or Dropbox, and more.
IQTELL provides an effective project management app that lets you manage and coordinate “Everything in One Place”. As you work on your project, you never have to hop to any other app. You can easily delegate, share, and collaborate with your friends, family, and colleagues. When you share and collaborate on your project, all the information is instantly available to the rest of the team.
Simplify Your Life
Easily manage and create actions and sub-actions for your project. For each action, you can easily do it yourself or delegate to a team member.
Reminders & Calendar Events
You are in full control. Manage important dates such as start, different phases (e.g., review), and the ultimate due date. For each important date, you can set reminders as well as create Calendar Events.
Projects are not just actions and due dates. There is a ton of information that is generated around a project. IQTELL provides the structure to manage all of this information in an easy and effective way. Emails & Evernotes can be easily linked and added to your project. What about Files? No problem, easily attached files to your project, or better yet link to files that may be stored on Google Drive or Dropbox. IQTELL has a place for all other project information such contacts, references websites, even brainstorming can be done and captured in IQTELL.
Sharing & Collaboration
If your project involves more than one person, Sharing & Collaboration is a must. When you collaborate on your project in IQTELL, you can do much more than simply delegate a task. Your team members have access to all project information, files, and important dates. Everyone has access to the most recent information. Easily comment on any task or project; IQTELL provides a centralized place to view all comments. Streamline your team’s communication so you can focus on getting the right things done quickly and effectively.
IQTELL & Evernote – A Perfect Match!
Perfect for GTD
Take Action! – Your Evernote Notebooks, Notes, and Tags are seamlessly integrated into IQTELL, so it’s simple to create Actions, Projects, Ticklers and more with your notes. Everything is synched in real-time.
Find What You’re Looking For
Quickly perform a global search of all of your email, actions, projects, Evernotes, and more – all in one, easy to access application.
Leverage IQTELL and Evernote for the complete solution
- Continue to use Evernotes’ great information capturing features.
- Easily drag & drop Evernotes to creates actions, projects or file way in your someday or tickler folders.
- You can also add & link Evernotes to existing Actions, Projects, and more.
Add Evernotes to your Calendar
Use IQTELL’s built-in calendar (or a synced calendar) to keep track of important Evernotes to review at a later time.
Add Reminders to your Evernotes
Set it and forget it – create a Reminder in IQTELL and be alerted when it’s time to review an Evernote!
Organize Your Life
Add Reminders to your Evernotes
- Organize your favorite recipes into a separate Evernote Notebook and add specific recipes to your calendar in preparation for holidays and events.
- All your project information in once place – keep track of your renovation documents, including contracts, receipts and more.
- The perfect place to collect ideas, creative work and more.
- Keep track of useful articles and information on the web using Evernote’s handy Web Clipper browser extension.
- Take notes while meeting with clients (over the phone, in person, or even online) and organize accordingly in your IQTELL Workspace.
- Manage business related documents in respective Notebooks.
- Create separate Notebooks for each of your classes and leverage Evernote’s powerful desktop application to take notes in class. Then, add relevant notes to Actions, Projects and more to help prepare for exams and track resources for papers and projects.
- Aggregate research using a Notebook to keep everything in a single place when it comes time to write a research paper or review research material.
Consolidate Your Address Books
Combine your contacts from your phone and various email contact lists. The IQ Application allows you to import and export from various locations so that you always have a complete and consolidated address book, accessible to you wherever you are.
Throw your little black book away. Eliminate your dependency on contacts stored in your address book and within your various email accounts.
Customize Your Contact Entries
The IQ Application supports entering and maintaining all the standard contact information you would expect, and much more.
In addition to the contact’s name, phone number, email address, and postal address, IQTELL allows you to save additional useful information. For instance, your relationship with them, where they work, when and where you met, their birthday, their anniversary date, their favorite sports teams, their hobbies, as well as comments.
IQTELL is fully customizable. For example, you can add any information “on the fly”, such as additional phone numbers, “mail to” or “ship to” information, and much more.
You can even use your “Contacts” folder in your Workspace to keep track of your contacts’ relevant family members, like their spouse and children, so you are never embarrassed by forgetting this important information.
Example: Use your “Contacts” folder to keep track of coworkers, your neighborhood friends, parents of your children’s classmates, and hobby colleagues.
Example: Search your “Contacts” folder by typing “Caribbean Cruise 2010” to quickly locate all the friends you made on that vacation.
Example: Set Reminders to notify you when birthdays and anniversaries of certain contacts are approaching.
Group Your Contacts
Create as many Contact Groups as you need. IQTELL makes it easy for you to define new contact groups and select the contacts to be included in those, as well as select contacts to be added to any of your existing groups. And at any time, you can view all the members of any single contact group.
Sending an Email to every member of a contact group is easy. Simply type the name of the given group into the “To”, “Cc”, or “Bcc” portion of the email. You can also define a Task involving any individual contact or group by simply linking them to the task.
Example: Create contact groups for any part of your life, such as “Immediate Family Members”, “My Close Coworkers”, “My Best College Friends”, “My Soccer Team”, and the “Caribbean Cruise 2010”.
Example: Send an email to all the contacts in the “Parents of Barbara’s Schoolmates” contact group inviting them to Barbara’s upcoming birthday. Simply type “Parents” in the “To” portion of the email, and the Auto-compete will propose this group. That way, the given email will be sent individually to each of these parents.
Easily Create Contacts
Creating new contacts is simple. Enter as little information as you’d like when you first create a new contact, and add more information over time as it becomes available.
Also, it’s simple to add a new contact after receiving an Email. IQTELL will automatically copy all the relevant information from new emails for you, such as the sender’s first name, last name, and their email address.
Contacts, Relevant Information, and Actions
Contacts, related information, and actions are “connected”. Using IQTELL, you can link together all relevant information throughout your Workspace. For example, see all emails, tasks, and documents related to Jim Parker.
In another example, you create Notes relevant to discussions you had with your real estate broker, Mary White. Using IQTELL, you can easily see all the entries “related” to Mary White. The notes you’ve entered for all the important conversations you had with Marry, and all the emails and documents she has sent you are just a click away.
Example: Looking for the lease you signed with Ronald Smith? All you need to do is to right-click on his contact entry and select “View Contact Related Entries”. A new tab titled “Ronald Smith: Documents” will open, allowing you view all of his related documents, highlighting the lease you were looking for.
IQTELL in Action
- Create all your contact groups, like “Immediate Family Members”. IQTELL also enables you to attach a “label” next to each member, like “Father”, “Mother”, “Brother”, “Sister”, “Son”, “Daughter”, etc.
- Maintain useful information about your contacts. Anything you believe will contribute to your relationship with them, like how you met, their favorite sports teams, their hobbies, and birthdays and anniversaries.
- Keep track of birthdays and anniversaries. Note these important dates for family members, friends and important clients. With IQTELL it is easy to set Annual Reminders (with advance notification), so that you never miss these important events again.
- Keep track of your contacts by the various entities they are associated with, such as your service providers, utilities, banks, and your children’s school. Add information, like their role in the organization and their contact information.
- Use your fully customizable “Contacts” folder to also keep track of your past experiences with your contacts by linking Email, Phone Calls, and Meetings you’ve had with them.
- Keep contact information up-to-date for your coworkers, clients, and referrals.
- Manage to-do items as they relate to your various contacts. For example, you promised to call your client Joe Bradley with additional information you found about a potential tenant.
Associations and Clubs
- Keep track of your contacts as they relate to your neighborhood association, school clubs, and sports teams.
- Be able to quickly find out whom to call whenever a need arises like when you need to call Maggie Jones, president of the school board, because you have an issue with a teacher. Easily search for “School Board”, and see all the contacts and their role in the organization.
- Organize contacts related to parents of your children’s classmates. For instance, create a group called “Parents of Mrs. Isaac’s Class”.
- Add a flag for contacts you prefer to ignore. Enter notes to remind you why that’s the case.
- For specific contacts, add “hints”, such as the best times and phone numbers you can reach them. Another practical example, add an indicator for whether dialing “0” after the recording begins will get you connected directly to customer service.
Use Your IQTELL Cloud Based Workspace for Everything
Notes and ideas are not an exception!
Use your “Notes” folder in your IQ Workspace to enter and keep track of any notes or ideas you come across. Eliminate your dependency on the countless scraps of paper floating around your desk, in your drawers, lining your monitor, and packing your filing cabinet.
Ditch the Sticky Note
How often have you thought of a great idea, just to lose the piece of paper, napkin, or page in a book that you wrote it down on? Have an idea, a note, a tip, a knowhow, or any other useful information? Simply create a new entry in your “Notes” virtual IQ folder from any computer or from your mobile device.
Have a sketch or a drawing? Scan and upload it as an attachment so you have a copy of it and can view it in conjunction with whatever notes you have taken.
Don’t ever lose your valuable notes and ideas again.
Knowhow and Lessons Learned
The IQ Application helps you take advantage of your prior experiences. Easily save and keep track of lessons you’ve learned, best practices you’ve developed, and the random tidbits of information that help make your life easier for next time.
Example: After trying to resolve a dispute with your cable company, you’ve discovered the fastest way to speak to a live person is to press “0” twice.
Example: When you bought your new computer, your neighbor taught you how to make sure you have the newest version of virus protection to keep your computer safe.
Example: Enter a note to remember the name of your favorite hair stylist. While you’re at it, link that note with her contact information so you can call her directly to make an appointment for your next haircut.
Easily Search and Find Your Notes and Ideas
Quickly search and find anything in your Workspace. Your notes and ideas are not an exception. Using IQTELL’s built-in Quick Search functionality, you can search for any note and any topic by typing in keywords. For example, search for “investment” and quickly find the entry under your “Notes” folder where you documented advice you received from a friend of yours for a new real estate investment.
Once you’ve organized your notes and ideas in the “Notes” folder in your IQ Workspace, it is easy to browse, search, and find anything you need, when you need it.
Example: Search for “windshield wiper” to find the note you created about how to change your windshield wiper blades, or how to add windshield wiper fluid in your car.
Turn your Ideas into Actions
Using your IQ Workspace, you can assign importance to your notes and ideas using the “Flag” indicator.
You can also enter meaningful dates, such as a “Follow-up Date”, which you would set when you’ve thought of something that you won’t be able to tend to immediately. So, you create a note to not to have a placeholder for your good idea, and set a follow-up date and an IQ Reminder for a time when you believe that you may be less busy.
You had an idea, thought of something worthwhile exploring, and consequently created one or more Tasks linked with this entry in your “Notes” folder. These tasks will help you define specific to-do items in connection with your idea.
IQTELL will help transform your notes and ideas from words on a scrap of paper into results!
Use Your Notes to Trigger Additional Activities
Frequently, a note is the start of additional actions to be taken. It may also result in related Documents, Emails, and link with various Contacts. In other words, you had an idea or took a note to explore something. So, you recorded the idea into your IQ Workspace and then, you followed through by performing other related activities like creating a Task, drafting a document, and corresponding with other people. By linking everything together, you can track what triggered what, and be effective in achieving best results!
Example: Adam Johnson referred a potential client to you last week. You made a note to call Susan Baker, this potential client. From that note, you created a task to call Susan next week. Today, you received an email Notification from IQTELL reminding you to call Susan. Not remembering why you need to call Susan, you click on the “Originating Entry” link to view the original note you took – describing why you need to call her.
Reminders and Follow-Ups
Great ideas should not be forgotten simply because you’re too busy to cultivate them. Often, good ideas come to you when you’re in the middle of doing something unrelated.
In order to take advantage of that strike of inspiration, you can quickly enter that idea into your “Notes” folder and set a Reminder to notify you in a few hours, a week, a month, or whenever you believe you’ll have more time to review it.
Your Daily Needs
- Enter practical knowhow and research you may have performed, such as, “The pros and cons between cable and satellite TV,” or, “Comparison between using Bromine vs. Chlorine for the pool.”
- Manage your quick tips, such as who you need to contact to clean the carpets, fix the garage door, or replace the window screens.
- Keep track of all the little things you want to make a record of, such as Omar, your landscaper, who gave you a proposal of $1,200 for spring clean-up – including beds, weeds, and trimming.
- Search for “LED and plasma” in your Workspace to find your knowhow describing the difference between these two technologies.
- Keep track and take notes of people who have been helpful to you when shopping or getting a service, like, “Ask for Jim when getting my car fixed.”
- Keep a quick summary of things you’ve already completed, like, “Told Ms. Schreiber, Michelle’s teacher, that we are going on vacation on November 7th and that Michelle will be absent from class.”
- Keep a record of your recent credit ratings. For example, “Experian, Equifax, TransUnion: 752, 796, 838, Date: 10/21/10.”
- Note that using Google, you can type “Define:” followed by a term, and you’ll get all the definitions for this term, e.g., type “define: dejavu” and you’ll get all the definitions for this term and how it is correctly spelled: “Déjà Vu”.
- Note office and computer knowhow, such as how to have email forwarded when going away.
- Document business tips, like the best way to get a meeting with the CEO, or best practices for conducting a focus group.
- Keep track of initial planning for a future event, like food caterers you had a good experience with, or were given specific recommendations about.
- Enter random tidbits of information like which zone numbers of your sprinkler system covers which areas in your garden; how to reset the “Oil change indicator” light when you had an oil change and the service person forgot to do it himself; or how to turn your cell phone ringer to silent.
- Prepare for future events by jotting down ideas about places to travel and family members to visit (based on what you read or what people told you).
- Take advantage of a promotion by entering it into your “Notes” folder with a date to remind you in time, so that you don’t miss the opportunity.
- Record useful tips like when your friend tells you about a great book to read, a movie to see, or a great restaurant that just opened in your area
- 1. Documents, Statements, and Papers All over the Place?
- 2. Use Your IQTELL Cloud Based Workspace for Your Documents
- 3. Benefits
- 4. Access Your Documents from Anywhere
- 5. Your Files Are Always Safe and Backed Up
- 6. Easily Search for and Find Your Important Documents
- 7. Documents Are Not Just Files!
- 8. Reminders and Documents Go Well Together
- 9. Link Your Documents to Related Events
Documents, Statements, and Papers All over the Place?
Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? You probably have important correspondences, applications, bank statements, bills, leases, other agreements, insurance policies, warranties, and manuals of all sorts scattered all around.
How do you manage today? Where do you keep what? How do you find what you’re looking for? IQTELL can simplify your life by helping you to organize and maintain your documents as well.
Use Your IQTELL Cloud Based Workspace for Your Documents
Simply upload all your important documents and files to your “Documents” folder in your personalized IQTELL Workspace. Find and use them whenever you need, from any computer.
Documents pertaining to your household, family members, work, and various files you’re working on. They could be Word, Excel, or PDF documents like bank statements, receipts, correspondences, and manuals. You need to store them safely and access them whenever you need them. With your IQTELL Virtual Workspace, all of this is accomplished easily!
Simply upload your documents and files, or attach them to entries within your IQTELL Workspace. Eliminate the need of storing them on one computer or another, in your drawer, or in the basement.
For each document or file you upload, enter a short description, like the “topic”, record the date, categorize it, and optionally add comments. Use sub-folders to group your documents, like “Household”, “Work-Related”, “Insurances”, “Manuals & Warranties”, or “School”. Whichever best fits your needs.
Keep in mind that many documents are already available in electronic format, like a PDF file. You can download them from websites, receive them electronically via email, or use a scanner to upload them to your IQTELL Workspace.
IQTELL provides you with safe storage of all your files and documents offering a 24/7 backup service.
You have access to all your important documents and files from any computer, wherever you are.
Quickly find and locate whatever you need. Use the IQTELL built-in Quick Search capabilities, which acts like a Web search engine, to find anything you’re looking for within your Workspace. Simply type in a phrase or a keyword and press the “Enter” key to search your entire Workspace.
Never worry about forgetting where you stored a document or an important file, or be frustrated when you cannot find them when you need to.
Be able to quickly sort your documents and files by date, topic, category, and persons involved.
Know how the various documents and files are related to other things in your life, like Email and Contacts.
Access Your Documents from Anywhere
Access all your documents from wherever you are, from any computer, whether you’re at home, at work, at a friend’s house, while in a conference, or on vacation.
All you need is any computer, any web browser, and your IQTELL login account.
Eliminate frustration over leaving an important file or a document at home or at the office. Using IQTELL, you can access any and all your documents, homework assignments, and business reports from anywhere.
Example: Last night, you brought your presentation home to work on it. Now, you’re back at your office and you realize that you left the most updated version at home! Now imagine yourself working on this presentation directly off your IQ Virtual Workspace – all you need to do is to log into your IQTELL account and fetch that file, whether you’re at home, at work, or anywhere.
Example: You’re at a friend’s house and your parked car was damaged by a hit-and-run. You’re upset and didn’t think to take the insurance card from the glove compartment before the car was towed away. What do you do now? Simply ask your friend’s permission to use his computer to log in to your IQTELL account. And there, sure enough, you’ll find all the information about how to contact your insurance company, the policy number, as well as any additional information you may need.
Your Files Are Always Safe and Backed Up
Your uploaded files are transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Internet technology.
All your important files and information are securely stored at a state-of-the-art data center, and your sensitive information is encrypted. All your information and documents are always safe.
Also, your entire Virtual Workspace is automatically backed up at all time. Eliminate worries about your computer breaking down, being lost or stolen, or your property being exposed to fire or other hazards.
There is no need to seek other costly solutions, for just backing up your computer – using your IQTELL account, your data will always be safe, secure, and available to you wherever you are.
Easily Search for and Find Your Important Documents
We all know what it means to look for a specific document, a bill, a statement, or even a user manual when you’re really not sure where you placed it. Is it in your filing cabinet, in the basement, on your computer at home, or at work?
So, imagine that you uploaded all your important documents and organized them in virtual folders within your IQTELL Workspace. They’d always be available to you. All you’d have to do is to log in to your IQTELL account.
Then, quite importantly, you don’t even have to worry about remembering the specific folder where you placed your documents in your IQTELL Virtual Workspace. Simply use the built-in Quick Searches, which are full-text searches (like those used by search engines) and within seconds, IQTELL will show you the folder where the document of interest is located. All you have to do then is double-click to open it. It’s as simple as it reads!
Example: Quickly find the principal terms of your car lease to make sure the dealership is not charging you for wear-and-tear damage that is covered in the lease.
Documents Are Not Just Files!
The documents within your IQTELL Virtual Workspace are not just files that you have uploaded – there is much more you can do to effectively manage the use of your documents and your Workspace.
For each of the entries in your “Documents” folder, you can add and specify useful information, like relevant dates. For example, you can add issuance dates, due dates for bills, review dates, and renewal dates for policies and warranties. You may also want to keep track of related people for a given document, like referencing Michelle in the “Michelle’s automobile insurance application” document.
Reminders and Documents Go Well Together
You can also define automatic Reminders and follow-up related to any desired document, so your documents will remember you even if you’ve forgotten them.
For example, set a reminder to automatically notify you one month in advance of an expiring warranty or automobile insurance policy.
When you receive a Notification as a result of any such reminders, that email will include a hyperlink to the specific document within your Workspace. All you have to do is click on it, and you’ll be taken directly to that document. This way, you’ll see what the document is all about and be able to take action accordingly.
Link Your Documents to Related Events
Did you receive an email or a phone call that requires you to create a new document? Simply create a corresponding entry in the “Documents” folder in your IQ Workspace directly from the Email, Task or Conversation.
By linking documents to other entries in your workspace, you can easily find important, related information for each.
Simplify Your Life
- Keep track of appliance warranties, service agreements, insurance policies, and meaningful dates, such as a “Renewal Date”.
- Upload owner manuals for your appliances, equipment, and electronics (most of which are already provided as PDF files by the manufacturers). Have these readily available for troubleshooting and when you need to order a replacement part.
- Also, organize all proposals, plans, and approvals you receive for your home improvements and related projects.
- Manage all important documents for your family members, like copies of birth certificates, commendation letters, diplomas, medical records, and insurance applications.
- Organize your documents, repair statements, bills, payments, and receipts.
- Manage all property-related documents, such as tax assessments and pertinent correspondence.
- Store all of your important vehicle documentation securely in one place. Keep a record of key information for your registration, title, insurance, warranties, manuals, and inspection documents. Keep track of dates, such as renewal or expiration dates, and set yourself Reminders to be notified in advance when action needs to be taken.
- Example: If your dishwasher breaks down, easily search to find the owner’s manual to look at the “troubleshooting” section to see if you can figure out what’s wrong with it. And if you can’t figure it out, use all the related information in your IQTELL Workspace about the manufacturer’s website, or to contact the store where you made the purchase.
- Upload all the files that you need to keep them safe. Be able to access and continue working on these files from any computer and from any location. These could be files related to school, work, or organizations of which you are a member.
- Maintain all your personal files, including your creative work, ideas, and articles you wrote.
- Organize and manage your personal correspondence.
- Organize all client correspondence, including all documents you received, such as applications, leases, credit reports, and signed contracts.
- Manage your presentations, summaries of work you performed, and client proposals.
- Maintain all business related documents such as leases, warranties, insurance policies, agreements, bills, payments, and receipts.
- Create an entry for in your “Documents” folder for a term paper that has multiple due dates (topic idea, reference list, first draft, final draft), so that you can enter and track these Milestone dates, monitor the progress you make, and set Reminders for notifying you as these dates are approaching.
- 1. Where Are My Bookmarks?
- 2. It’s Cloud Computing! Access Your Bookmarks Anywhere
- 3. Manage Your Bookmarks Your Own Way
- 4. Search and Find What You Are Looking For
- 5. Keep Track of Your Experiences with Various Websites
- 6. Websites You Use for Online Shopping
- 7. Hide and Seek
- 8. “Dial ‘0’ To Speak to an Associate”
Where Are My Bookmarks?
Sound familiar? You log on to your computer at work, and you’re looking for the bookmark you created for that great site. What was it? Can’t find this bookmark? And then you realize that you created this bookmark on your computer at home!
It’s Cloud Computing! Access Your Bookmarks Anywhere
You’re at work? At home? At a friend’s house? On a business trip? On vacation? Not a problem, that is, provided that you’re an IQTELL user!
“Bookmarks” is just another folder in your IQTELL Virtual Workspace. Using IQTELL, each bookmark is an entry in your “Bookmarks” folder in your own Workspace where you keep track not only of the website’s URL, but also of all other information that may be important to you.
Access your bookmarks from any computer, using any browser, as they are available to you whenever you log into your IQTELL account.
Example: While at work, a coworker recommends a few useful websites. Great! Just enter these into your IQTELL “Bookmarks” folder. Then, when you have time, at home or elsewhere, explore and evaluate whether these websites indeed fit your needs.
Manage Your Bookmarks Your Own Way
Browser-based bookmarks are typically quite limited, allowing you to basically enter the “Name” and “URL” of the corresponding website. To that we’d to quote Bob Dylan and say, “The Times They Are a-Changin’.”
With IQTELL, you can add any useful information for each of your bookmarks. For example, you can add a quick description, specify a category of the site (such as news, sports shopping, games, finances, research, and blogs), enter a meaningful description of what the site is, identify pros and cons, and “score” the site to help rank your bookmarks.
Organize your bookmarks by creating sub-folders for each of your topics of interest.
Furthermore, for your convenience, IQTELL allows you to save multiple references into a single entry in your “Bookmarks” folder. For example, having bookmarked the home page of a favorite site, you can conveniently add related bookmarks for useful sub-pages within this very site.
Example: You created an entry in your “Bookmarks” folder for www.alot.com and added several references to that same bookmark – IQTELL also provides you the flexibility to label each of these to be even more meaningful to you, like “Home Page”, “News”, “Sports” and “Games”, which are individual web pages within this site. And so, while this entry is an effective placeholder for www.alot.com, providing an overall description for this website, this entry also becomes a convenient “jumping board” for all the related webpages within this site.
Search and Find What You Are Looking For
Finding any desired website within your “Bookmarks” folder is a breeze.
All you have to do is enter a keyword or a phrase and perform a Quick Search in your Workspace. Click open any desired matching entry to see all the information you are looking for.
Click on the embedded hyperlink (this is the URL, which is stored in each of your bookmark entries), and IQTELL will automatically launch your browser and bring you to this website.
Keep Track of Your Experiences with Various Websites
You also want to take advantage of past experiences, whether they’re good or bad. Use your “Bookmarks” folder to keep track and score your various websites.
You can also flag certain sites as “to be avoided”. In other words, flag sites which may come up in a web search, but that you have already explored them and determined as being “unwanted”.
Websites You Use for Online Shopping
Help yourself when you perform online shopping. Manage your frequently shopped sites by keeping track of your experiences. Describe the site’s customer support and how quickly items were delivered. Categorize each site by what types of products it sells, such as electronics, clothing, sporting goods, or toys.
Rank your favorite sites based on products you purchased, reliability, interest, past experience, and any other criteria.
Example: If you have 10 bookmarks about fantasy football, you can rank them according to expert analysis, previous successful predictions, and variety of content. The sites you rank the highest will be the ones you rely the most on, and you’ll know to be more skeptical of the ones you rank the lowest.
Example: When you have a research project, you can create a single bookmark to include all of the websites and webpages that provide information to help you with your project. Or, have the freedom to create a new sub-folder in your “Bookmarks” folder dedicated specifically to this project. IQTELL gives you the flexibility to do whatever you need to simplify your life.
Hide and Seek
For sites where you have a login account, don’t just bookmark the login page, but also save your login ID and password. And of course, this sensitive information will be encrypted, so that only you can view it when you are ready to log in to those sites.
Eliminate the frustration of having to memorize numerous login IDs and passwords, or being locked out because you exceeded the number of failed log in attempts.
“Dial ‘0’ To Speak to an Associate”
For certain sites, you may also want to enter relevant contact information so you have it when you need to contact the site for customer support for tracking online orders, or for help resetting your password. Keep track of phone numbers, email addresses, and whatever information, which can assist in connecting you directly with a live person and get best results.
More Ways to Use IQTELL
- Quickly access all of your bookmarks from any computer.
- Organize your bookmarks into sub-folders by topic, such as news, shopping, sports, or games. Add all the meaningful information to assist you in better utilizing your bookmarks.
- Rank the best music review sites so you can learn about new artists. Share your bookmarks with friends and family and expose them to great new music, books you read, or movies you saw.
- Use your bookmarks to add useful notes for websites, like experience you had with specific sites, useful information about sites’ return policy, and contact information.
- Flag bookmarks for sites you want to avoid.
- Keep track of sites that are instrumental for your business, like suppliers, professionals, and recruiters. Document the experience you have regarding service, delivery and overall reliability. Decide which ones to turn to when the need arises
- Maintain site-related contact information (where needed). Take a note of a dedicated representative (if any), and whether they respond faster to a phone call or an email.
- Manage your Orders and keep track of useful information, such as pricing, sites that offer free delivery, and which ones have the best warranties.
- Monitor sites, which provide useful analysis relevant to your business, like financials, trends of raw material and supplies relevant to your business.
- Stay on top of your competition – track their web sites, their updates, prices, and new offerings. Use these bookmarks to keep track of their overall strengths and weaknesses
- Doing research at the library? Save valuable sites to your IQ Workspace and easily access them as you proceed with your research.
- Add important information about your sites – Which class is it for? Who recommended it? Is it helpful for this project? Why did you save those sites in the first place? Add links (URLs) for useful webpages within these various websites (you can contain as many additional URLs with a single bookmark entry).
- Rank your class-related bookmarks based on the credibility of sources, ease of use, and prior experiences. Complete your assignments faster because you know which sites provide the best information and are the most effective in providing results.
- Keep detailed descriptions of your favorite do-it-yourself websites so you can manage your household projects. Keep track of sites that specialize in the various household areas, like plumbing, carpentry, pool maintenance, barbecue and accessories, swing sets, etc.
- Rank the sites with the best gardening tutorials, recipes, and painting tips so you can quickly use these sites when you need them.
- Organize your bookmarks to keep track of websites for toys, pet supplies, appliances, and cleaning materials when you’re looking to save money by shopping online. Maintain your experience with these sites – Orders you placed with them, your satisfaction with their products, delivery and customer service, as well as useful contact information.
- 1. Multiple Accounts – Plenty of Information. Can You Remember it All?
- 2. With IQTELL Cloud Computing Life Is Simplified and More Secure!
- 3. Need to Contact Customer Support?
- 4. Lost Your Wallet?
- 5. Need to Log In to Any Specific Account?
- 6. Keep Track of Your Utilities and Other Service Provider Accounts
- 7. Manage Your Bank Accounts
- 8. Credit Cards – It’s Okay to Leave Home Without Them
Multiple Accounts – Plenty of Information. Can You Remember it All?
You have websites for your utilities and service providers, online shopping sites, online banking and Bill Pay, credit card accounts, and much more!
How do you keep track of account information, login information, and how to access customer support for each of these accounts today?
Where do you currently save all these pieces of information? In your secret “black book”? Where is it? And what happens should you lose it?
Have you ever tried to log in to your online account, just to realize you can’t remember your username or password? It’s quite frustrating. After you make several attempts, you find out your account has been blocked because you had too many failed login attempts.
With IQTELL Cloud Computing Life Is Simplified and More Secure!
Maintain all your account information in your secured IQTELL Workspace. Your sensitive information is encrypted and securely saved on the IQTELL servers. Access your accounts information from any computer, and fetch whatever you need.
All sensitive information, like user ID and password are shown as “masked” characters ******. You can “unmask” to view the actual information when you know that no one is around you – when it is safe to do so.
Organize your accounts by account category and keep track of how you receive your statements (paper, electronic, or both). Link related Contacts to each account so you know who you’ve dealt with in the past.
Need to Contact Customer Support?
For each of your accounts, use IQTELL to maintain customer support contact information – the toll-free number to call, the options to select when you get the automated response, and your telephone PIN.
You call customer support, and finally, you’re able to talk to a live person. Great! But now you need to provide your account information, your password, and possibly even answer some security questions. Just open the corresponding entry in your “Accounts” folder and find all the information you need.
Finding the entry you’re looking for? Just enter a phrase, like “My VISA” in the Quick Search box, and press the “Enter” key. The matching entry will be displayed instantly.
Lost Your Wallet?
Hope this never happens to you. But if it did and you need to call and report your lost credit cards, then what?
Having all the important contact and account information in your IQTELL Workspace is your answer. All you have to do is find any computer near you, log into your IQTELL account, and start making those phone calls.
With IQTELL, you know where to call, and you are able to provide all the necessary information.
Your credit cards will be blocked immediately!
Need to Log In to Any Specific Account?
So, you found the corresponding entry in your “Bookmarks” folder and you need to log into that website. This is quite simple, since every entry in your “Bookmarks” has a URL for the main website, and a URL, which will take you directly to the “login page”.
Just click on the “Login” hyperlink and IQTELL will automatically launch your browser and take you to the login page.
Remember, you can your “Accounts” folder to “remember” your user ID and password as well. These will be stored as encrypted characters, displayed as ******. You can “unmask” to view the actual information when you know that no one is around you – when it is safe to do so.
Keep Track of Your Utilities and Other Service Provider Accounts
Organize your utility accounts in your IQTELL Workspace. Maintain important information, such as account number, customer support information, and your usual method of payment.
Link and document important Conversations to the corresponding service providers. Keep track of disputes, resolutions, and dates.
Also, link your utility accounts to specific properties so you know which accounts are related to your own home and your rental properties.
Example: Choose your payment method for your utility bills based on the due date, when your money is available, and how quickly each method delivers the payment.
Manage Your Bank Accounts
Manage your various checking, savings, and other money accounts. Keep track of vital information, such as account number, routing number, online login credentials, and save specific branch and customer support information. You may also want to record the interest rates you are getting in each account so you can effectively manage your money.
Example:After receiving a bonus from work, you can quickly decide which account to deposit the money into based on the best interest rate offered.
Credit Cards – It’s Okay to Leave Home Without Them
Need to use your credit card, but don’t have it on hand? Add and encrypt your important credit card information in your secure IQ Workspace. Include useful information such as the card number, expiration date, and security code so you don’t have to search for the card when shopping online.
Link your various credit card entries to their corresponding bank institutes in your IQ Workspace so you have immediate access to customer and technical support contact information.
Monitor and track annual fees and renewal dates for your cards. You may get better offers with no annual fees. Having all the pertinent information in your IQ Workspace can help you make informed decisions.
Example: Hopefully this never happens to you, but in case you lost your wallet or cannot find certain credit cards, simply access all the necessary card information in your IQ Workspace and report the loss without further delays.
IQTELL in Action
- Use your IQTELL “Accounts” folder to keep track of your utility accounts, bank accounts, subscriptions, and service providers.
- Have a question about your electric bill? A quick search through your IQ Workspace, and there it is – the contact information for your electric company, or if you prefer online access, use your stored login information to do so.
- Easily access your online bank account to log in to find the current balance, see recent deposits, or initiate a fund transfer. Having all the pertinent information in your IQ Workspace makes all of these just a click away.
- You are a member of several social networks – use your IQTELL Workspace to maintain your login credentials and to quickly and easily open the site’s login page.
- Use the account-related customer support information to call when you need to report an issue or lost card. When you do, you will have all the necessary information readily available, as it is securely stored in your IQTELL Virtual Workspace.
- Shop online and be ready to make payments, even with credit cards that you don’t use frequently (and which you don’t carry with you in your wallet).
- Keep your login accounts organized for the research sites you use when you’re writing term papers.
- Share common utilities’ login information with your roommates so they can take turns paying the bills.
- Save time and money by buying your textbooks online. Plus, there’s no need to have the credit card with you (maybe you left it at home), because you’re able to use that credit card as its information is securely saved in your IQTELL Workspace.
Oops! Order Not Delivered?
Don’t lose sight of orders you placed and are expecting shipments.
For every order, enter the expected delivery date and set a Reminder. That way, IQTELL will automatically send you an email or a text message Notification when the order is supposed to be delivered.
Thus avoiding situations where orders were not delivered to you and you were too busy to remember and follow up. (Situations like these can happen for multiple reasons, like your order being delivered to the wrong address.)
With IQTELL, you can easily track what was ordered, what was delivered, and what was not. Mark completed orders as “done”.
Manage Your Purchases on the Cloud
Keep records of all of your online purchases that you want to track – use your “Orders” folder to enter what you purchased. Enter all the important information, like order date, place of order, what you purchased, prices, and expected delivery dates.
You want to simplify life? Just attach the order confirmations to the corresponding entries in your “Orders” folder, and link all email confirmations, delivery notifications, and receipts to your orders.
And, quite importantly, keep track of your experiences with the various places you shop, so you can leverage your experience on future shopping.
Organize Your Favorite Online Stores
Place your favorite shopping sites into categories and quickly find these sites whenever you need them.
Keep track of your satisfaction with the products ordered and the service.
You were satisfied with products you have ordered once and have entered these in your “Orders” folder? Great! Use these orders as a “jumping board” when you are ready to reorder the same or similar products.
Researching stores and online website for a specific need you have, like, outdoor furniture? Create entries for these possible stores and website and include all pertinent information, such as model numbers, prices, delivery charges, and return policies. Make an informed decision and place your order!
Tracking All Activities
Record all correspondence applicable to your orders like Emails and Conversations with customer support. Keeping track and following-up are quite useful when you’re inquiring about an undelivered order, when you’re returning merchandise to the store, and when you’re expecting a replacement.
Keep yourself protected by saving all of the pertinent information about a purchase to your IQ Workspace in case of a dispute.
- Keep track of your orders and deliveries.
- Note what you purchased, where you purchased it, the prices you paid, and the service provided.
Example: Track your new computer purchase, including the software you’re getting with it and the type of warranty and service level you purchased.
- Rank the online stores that sell your favorite jeans and check them periodically to see if there are any good sales.
- Set yourself a Reminder when you know a certain website or a store is scheduled to run a sale.
- Quickly find delivery notices you received by email. Your “Email” and “Orders” folders both reside in your IQTELL Workspace, and thus, can be conveniently linked to the others. For example, quickly view the specific order to see when you placed it and what you have ordered.
- Categorize and keep track of purchases you made for your business.
- Keep track of related warranties and service calls.
- Manage orders and suppliers for your giveaways.
- Keep track of your favorite websites where you purchase vitamins, pet supplies, and cosmetics.
- Looking to buy gifts? Search your “Orders” folder to see what your friends liked so you can order from the same store (or website) again.
- Based on your purchase, set a Reminder for the delivery and installation of your new appliance to make sure you’re home when it arrives!
Income and Expenses
Getting Ready to File Your Tax Return?
Not an easy task, especially when your supporting documents (income and expenses) are all over the place. These documents would be related to property taxes, medical expenses, rental income, commissions, bank statements, donations, and college tuitions.
Use your cloud based IQTELL Workspace to upload and organize all these supporting documents in your IQTELL Workspace, so that you always have what you need. Be ready for filing your tax return in an organized fashion!
Also keep track of all your invoices, payments, and deductibles such as receipts for all your donations to Goodwill, your alumni association, and any other charitable causes.
Having all the supporting documents in place will help you to efficiently file your tax return, and quite importantly, be ready in case you are being audited.
Do you own some rental properties? Keep track of rent payments you receive and expenses you pay, like association fees, property taxes, repairs, and brokerage fees.
Manage Your Regular Monthly Expenses
Using IQTELL can also assist you in managing your monthly budget.
Keep track of your income and regular expenses so you know just how much you can save each month. Keep track of a typical month budget by recording information about your rent or mortgage, utilities, insurance premiums, and credit card payments. Easily upload your electronic bills, or scan your paper bills into your IQ Workspace so you can search for them later.
Monitor Your Irregular Expenses
You can easily manage your irregular monthly expenses – those expenses that fluctuate from month to month – like groceries, gasoline, and entertainment expenses. Scan your receipts and add them to your IQ Workspace so you can quickly reference them later. Examine your spending trends and plan for these irregular expenses.
Example: Over the last three months, you have spent an average of $350 a month at grocery stores, coffee shops, and restaurants. When looking at next month’s budget, you can realistically count on spending this amount on food again.
Alternate Sources of Income
Organize your secondary sources of income to help you set your budget and for tax purposes. Monitor your interest from your savings accounts and catalog your other income from rental properties, tutoring, and other services you may be providing.
Use IQTELL to link all other relevant entries in your workspace, like bank statements, Emails and phone Conversations, and payment receipts to your “Income and Expenses” folder.
Example: On weekends, Betty and Carl auction off antiques and collectibles, which they treat as a “secondary business”. They would use their “Income and Expenses” folder to keep track of these earnings.
Prepare for the Unexpected
Document and monitor any unexpected expenses you may encounter like car repairs, flood damage, computer viruses, or theft. Help prepare next month’s budget by examining last month’s unexpected expenses.
Example: Reduce the money you spend on non-necessities next month to make up for the added expense of replacing your lawnmower this month.
IQTELL in Action
- Monitor your expenses and make sure you always have enough to cover your monthly rent and other regular monthly obligations.
- Keep track of your winnings from online poker. Make sure to add this income when filling out tax forms.
- Document unusual expenses like the cost of repairing your cell phone after you dropped it in a puddle of water.
- Upload a copy of your student loan tax documents and W-2 forms from your summer job so you’re prepared when tax time comes around.
- Keep track of rent and utility payments from the person who’s subletting the second bedroom to determine how quickly your mortgage will be paid in full.
- Document all your tax deductible donations, such as the donation to your alma mater’s student Dance Marathon benefiting children with cancer.
- Track budgeted items that you skipped, as well as others you’ve added.
- Keep track of your regular monthly expenses, such as mortgage, utilities, services, and subscriptions.
- Use your IQTELL Accounts and Contacts folders to easily contact customer support in case you receive an unusual bill. Having all your information in your IQTELL Workspace can substantially assist you in these situations as well.
- Record all the repairs you need to pay for after a rainstorm flooded your basement. Have all the supporting documents in place as you file a claim with your insurance company.
- Before you move into the new house, you have a yard sale to help offset the cost of hiring movers. Easily keep track of how much money you made by saving your earnings in your Income and “Expenses” folder.
- Use your IQTELL Virtual Workspace to upload and maintain all your expenses, such as all insurances, office rent, office supplies, and professional fees.
- Keep track of the medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for your employees.
- Manage security deposits you took from your tenants. Keep a record of dates, where the deposits were made, as well as the accrued interest.
- Use IQTELL to keep a record of all office furniture, equipment, and machinery you buy for the business. Track purchase dates and prices paid so your accountant can accurately calculate the depreciating values of those purchases.
Phone Calls and Meetings
Did We Discuss This? I Don’t Recall Agreeing to That!
Does this sound familiar?
You had phone calls with your contractors, people at work, your real estate broker, or your travel agent. You met with your project team, with your tenant, your advisor, or your insurance broker. You had a discussion and reached an understanding, and discussed next steps. Document it!
“If it wasn’t documented, it’s only a rumor…”
Your Workspace on the Cloud – to Keep Track of Things
Keeping track of important phone calls and meetings is just one more reason why your cloud based IQTELL Workspace will be so helpful to you.
Document your important phone calls and meetings. Dates, participants, topics, agreements reached, and next steps.
That way, in cases of disputes, you can easily retrieve all relevant information and resolve any misunderstandings.
Example: You get billed for premium channels from your cable company that you had cancelled, and you need to call customer support and complain about it. Simply perform a Quick Search of in your IQTELL Workspace to locate your documented conversation on this issue. Quite importantly, you have recorded the date and time of the call, the representative you spoke with, a quick description of what took place during this call, as well as the confirmation number you received. On this follow-up call you have all this important information in front of you. In an instant, you have greatly increased your chances to settle this incident and get the refund you deserve.
Link all Relevant Information Together
Along with documenting all your important conversations and meetings, use IQTELL’s built-in ability to link relevant entries throughout your IQTELL Workspace together. An example of such links would be entries in the “Phone Calls & Meetings” folder and corresponding Tasks.
Always Be Prepared – with IQTELL it Is Easy!
Getting ready for a follow-up phone call or a meeting? Quickly search and find all the pertinent information from your Workspace so you have it all in front you. No need to memorize, guess, or speculate. It’s all there in front of you.
Whether your next correspondence is personal, household, or work-related, you will be well prepared, which is the key to success. Not to mention, you’ve also simplified your life!
After you make a phone call where a “next step” is required, simply describe what this next step is and enter the date it is expected to take place.
In case such next step is your responsibility, create a new Task describing what needs be done, and if needed, define a due date and a Reminder. (IQTELL provides built-in reminder functionality.
If you expect the other party to take action, describe what that action is and set up a date and corresponding reminder as to when you expect to hear back from them
If it is you who needs to take action as a result of this phone call or meeting,
Example: You call technical support for your computer because you have encountered a problem. During your first conversation, you are told to purchase some software, try it for a week, and then call back in case the problem is not solved – action in your court, and you will probably call them back in case the problem is not yet resolved.
Use the Opportunity to Easily Build Up Your Contacts Database
While documenting your important phone calls and meetings, use the opportunity to update existing contacts as well as create new entries in your Contacts folder within your IQTELL Workspace.
Next steps and follow-up may often expose additional information, such as new phone numbers and email addresses. This is a great opportunity to build up your IQTELL-based address book – your “Contacts” folder.
Your Daily Needs
- Document your important business conversations, conference calls, and meetings. Share all relevant correspondence with your team and managers on a per-need basis.
- Link and group all related activities with such correspondence, including Notes, Documents, Email, and related Tasks.
- Track ongoing efforts, like when you are looking for a new office space. Keep track of all the phone calls, meetings, and the places you’ve seen. Document relevant information, such as a short description, office size, price, and availability. Be able to look back and see whom you spoke to, when these conversations took place, what was promised, and what decisions were made.
- Document phone calls and meetings you had with your contractors and service providers, like the landscaper, the cable company, and the contractors who are building your deck. Keep a record of what was promised and delivered, as well as any issues that have arisen along the way.
- Example: You were on the phone with your local pharmacy and they said that your prescription is on back order. Set a Reminder to call them in a week when they said your prescription would be filled.
- Example: You spoke with your child’s teacher and arranged for a follow-up meeting to discuss progress. Use IQTELL to document this phone call, create yourself a to-do item for the scheduled meeting, and set a reminder to notify you a few days in advance of this meeting. This way, you can obtain the status from your child and be prepared for this meeting.
- Keep track of your telephone orders, customer service calls, and billing inquiries. Set a reminder for yourself so you know in advance to be at home when a delivery is expected.
- Perform a Quick Search of your IQ Workspace and find phone conversations you’ve had with the billing department of your township questioning your new tax assessment. Know whom you spoke with last time, and what you were promised.
- Add and update contact information as you call your different utilities, banks, and stores.
- Make sure you know who has RSVP’d for the birthday party so you know how much food to order (and that you enough chairs). Take a note of people who cannot attend (so you know not to follow up with them on this occasion).
- While documenting important phone calls and meetings, keep your Contact list up to date – their cell phone, house phone, work phone, emergency numbers, as well their email address.
Gifts Given and Received
Avoid Headaches and Embarrassments
“What should I buy Mary for her birthday?”
“What did I buy Rob last year for Christmas?”
“What did Susan buy me for my wedding anniversary?”
Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?
Not being able to answer these questions leads to headaches, wrong choices, and ultimately to disappointments and embarrassments. This can be easily avoided!
Use IQTELL to Stay Organized and Informed
Use the “Gifts Given & Received” folder in your cloud based IQTELL Workspace to keep track of all the gifts you have given, received, and all the corresponding occasions – birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, bridal showers, weddings, house warming, and all other events.
Entering this information, one at a time, is rewarding! It will enable you to make informed decisions. And with IQTELL, it’s really easy. It’s a simple, user-friendly way to keep everybody happy.
Built-in Web Searches
IQTELL enables you to browse the Internet and find what you’re looking for directly from your IQTELL Workspace.
You may even reuse searches you have done in the past as IQTELL allows you to save your useful search phrases and keywords for repeat use. Pressing the “Enter” key automatically opens your browser to reveal the search results. Your gift shopping just got even easier.
Time to Buy a Gift? Easy!
Is a birthday approaching? Do you want to buy your friend a gift? Not a problem. Quickly search your Workspace to find what you gave your friend last year, what he bought you for your recent birthday, and find his favorite music, movies, and books by looking at his entry in the Contacts folder of your IQ Workspace. You’re good to go.
Furthermore, there may even be a note under his Contacts entry, from when he mentioned to you he’d like to get “Iron Man 2” on Blu-ray. It is a bingo!
Eliminate Forgetting Important Events
Use your Contacts folder in your IQ Workspace to keep track of all important dates for your friends and family, like birthdays and anniversaries.
IQTELL enables you to define annual Reminders, with “advance notice”. That way, you can receive automatic and meaningful notifications via email and text messages ahead of time.
Therefore, not only will you avoid forgetting important events, but you will also have sufficient time to prepare for them as needed.
Keep Track of What You Bought and Where
Along with keeping track of the gifts you bought, IQTELL enables you also to keep track of the successful websites and stores where you purchased those gifts. You can easily link entries under the “Gifts Given & Received” folder to entries in your Bookmarks folder in your Workspace.
Quickly access the sites you’ve associated with certain people or occasions. Also, keep in mind that using the same site to purchase multiple gifts, you can usually save on shipping costs by buying them at the same time.
Be Thoughtful and Stay Under Budget
Use IQTELL to help eliminate some of the stress during the holidays. Stay organized and you will be able to avoid guesswork and minimize excess spending. When you know what you need to buy, you can avoid multiple trips to stores and high shipping costs. Also, using IQTELL will assist you to find all the gifts you need to buy at the right price.
- Quickly see what your friends got you as a housewarming gift so you know what to get them when they move into their first home.
- Click on the Bookmark you added when you bought your girlfriend her favorite necklace to see if they sell a matching pair of earrings.
- Don’t forget about your best friend’s birthday because you were too busy studying for exams. Have IQTELL send you a text message notification a few days in advance, so you have sufficient time to find and mail the perfect greeting card.
- Look in the Contacts folder of your IQ Workspace to see what your roommate’s favorite movies are, then perform a quick IQ web search to find where you can buy the DVD online.
- When your son is invited to a birthday party for a classmate, do a Quick Search to find what you bought this classmate last year, and what present his parents bought your son on his recent birthday.
- Set yourself a Reminder from IQTELL to make sure you start looking early enough to find the perfect anniversary gift for your wife.
- Keep track of your nephew’s favorite sports teams in his Contact entry, and make sure you buy him the right player’s poster.
- Order all of your grandchildren’s gifts from the same site so you only need to pay for, and be home for, one delivery.
- Take note of what your assistant bought you on your recent birthday.
- Keep track of the gifts you purchased during the holiday season last year for your important clients.
- Keep track of your important clients using the “Important Clients” contact group you created in your IQ Workspace. Augment your gift buying decisions by performing a Quick Search of your Workspace to see the business volume you had with each during this past year.
- 1. Manage Your Class Work All in One Place
- 2. Your Computer on the Cloud – Access Your Class Work from Anywhere!
- 3. All Your Class-Related Works and Information Is Always Safe
- 4. Never Turn in Your Homework Late Again
- 5. Organize Your Class Notes
- 6. Manage Class Contacts
- 7. Manage School-Related Correspondences
Manage Your Class Work All in One Place
Using the Class Work application in your cloud based IQTELL Virtual Workspace allows you to manage and organize all of your classes, syllabi, class notes, and homework so that you never miss a deadline.
With IQTELL, you can easily create a folder for each of your classes, and organize all of the related materials you need. Use these class-related folders to maintain your notes, assignments, and relevant Bookmarks of websites, which can be useful for these classes, related assignments and research.
Use your IQTELL Workspace to manage all the contact information of your teachers, advisors, other faculty members, your classmates, and project members.
Be able to share class related notes with classmates, and similarly, ask them to share material with you in case you missed a class.
Your Computer on the Cloud – Access Your Class Work from Anywhere!
Since all your work is stored in the “cloud” (that is, in your IQTELL Virtual Workspace), you are no longer bound to, or depend upon, any particular computer.
After taking class notes, writing an essay, or preparing a presentation, simply upload anything and everything to your class-related folders within your IQTELL Workspace.
Access all your work from any computer – at the dorm, in class, in the lab, in the library, at home, at a friend’s place, and even when you’re away on a trip. All you need is a computer and a web browser.
Wherever you are, always have access to your class-related documents, notes, and assignments, and always be aware of deadlines.
All Your Class-Related Works and Information Is Always Safe
Most importantly, all your work is always safe.
No need for you to worry about backup.
Your IQ Workspace is saved in the secure IQTELL data center, and all of your information is backed up automatically so you never have to worry about a lost computer or a crashed hard drive.
Never Turn in Your Homework Late Again
When your teacher gives out assignments, place the requirements into your IQ Workspace. Create Tasks based on the various assignments and define due dates, Milestones, and automatic Reminders. Track your progress to make sure you complete all your assignments on time.
Are you working on a group project? Grant your classmates permission to access that assignment in your IQ Workspace so that the team can view requirements and deadlines, and keep track of the entire collaboration.
Organize Your Class Notes
Keep your notes organized for every class. Missed a day of school? Ask your friends to Share their notes for the day and safely store them in your IQ Workspace. Similarly, help your friends by sharing your notes with them for days that they were absent.
Also, share your notes with other classmates or group members so that everyone is on the same page.
Manage Class Contacts
Keep track and maintain information about your teachers, counselors, and classmates. The Contacts folder in your IQ Workspace will be perfect for this purpose.
Furthermore, create a Contact Group for every class, so you can easily find whom you need to contact and correspond with, like the “Macro Economics” contact group. Thus, whenever you have a question about a Macro Economics assignment, quickly find out whom you can call, text, or email to get an answer.
When you need to contact your professor or TA with a question about your Political Science class, simply open this class’s entry in your IQ Workspace. Immediately, you’ll find links to the professor and TA’s Contact entries, and a link to the Contact Group for the entire class. Clicking on any of these links will open the relevant information and allow you to quickly compose an Email to send your question to the appropriate person or group.
Need to do some research? With IQTELL, you can keep track of students who took the class last year, other teachers who may be able to help, as well as useful websites.
All this information is stored within your IQTELL Workspace and is just a click away from helping you get things done.
Manage School-Related Correspondences
Keep track of Emails and phone Conversations with classmates, group members, and teachers.
Save substantial time by being able to keep track of your notes, assignments and all class related activity by quickly seeing all the related correspondence and follow-up actions that took place.
Example: If your instructor sends an email asking you to write a three-page paper to be turned in next week, quickly create a Task from the message. If your instructor writes another email changing the requirements for this assignment, just link that email to the task you’ve already created. That way, you keep all of your related correspondences linked together.
Simplify Your Life
- Keep syllabi, class work, related assignments, and projects all in one place. By keeping them in your IQ Workspace, you’ll always have access to the most up-to-date version whether you’re on campus or away.
- Organize classes and related material by linking all of your assignments, notes, and related Contacts effectively under the various entries in the “Class Work” folder in your IQTELL Workspace
- Be able to ask your classmates to Share their notes from a day when you were absent, and be able to share your notes with them when they were absent.
- Add all your project partners into a corresponding Contact Group so you can keep in touch, share ideas, and collaborate easily.
- When your professor changes the due date or changes the requirements for a given assignment, use IQTELL to keep track of these changes. Also, be able to link all related correspondences so you have everything you need to know in one place.
- Use your IQTELL Homepage to quickly see the “Tasks Due Today” and “Tasks Due This Week”.
- Set Reminders for yourself with sufficient “advance notice”, so that IQTELL can automatically notify you by email or text message when things need to be done.
Plan Your Next Trip
Easily organize research on hotels, restaurants, and nightlife before your next trip. Schedule and manage your itineraries to maximize the fun (on vacations) and productivity (on business trips).
Use your cloud based IQTELL Workspace to keep track of your research and actual experience of locations, hotels, restaurants, entertainment, and site seeing.
Keep a record of Conversations and Email correspondence with your travel agent, as well as confirmations for everything you booked online, like train tickets, concerts, and hotel reservations.
Create checklists like “What to Pack” and “What to See at the Museum” so you don’t forget anything important. Set Reminders to make sure you take care of certain Tasks before you leave, like “Renew my passport” and “Place a hold on mail deliveries”.
Protect Your Precious Memories
Chronicle your previous trips and keep track of where you went, what you saw, and how much you paid for certain things.
Keep a record of people who assisted you at the various locations and whom you may contact when you travel to these locations again. Also, keep track (and add to your Contacts) people you met and with whom you’d like to keep in touch. Include details to help you remember where and how you met them.
Attach all related documents, such as itineraries, brochures (many of which are available in PDF format), photos, receipts, ticket stubs, and other documents from your trip so you can quickly access them later. Also, use IQTELL’s embedded Bookmarks and URL fields to link to all your relevant web sites.
Rate your experiences so you can easily plan your return to the same area. You may want to use a different airline, contact a new travel agent, or visit the same restaurant. Log all interesting and relevant information about your trip so that you can make recommendations to your friends, and, maximize your time to explore these sites yourself.
Example: Last year, you stayed at a certain place in Rome. While planning another trip to this area, you may consider staying at the same hotel, and even plan to dine in some of the same restaurants. Entering all the relevant information of this stay, such as prices, the overall location, the amenities, and those great restaurants, will substantially help you in planning this upcoming trip. You may have even taken note of places in that area that you want to avoid due to bad experiences.
Rank Your Favorite Travel Sites
Rank your favorite travel sites based on factors such as price, selection, reviews, and your own personal experiences. As you maintain a record of these good locations, also add links (URLs) to all the corresponding websites, so that you can quickly reuse this information when you’re planning your next return trip.
Maintain Useful Information About All Your Travel-Related Contacts
Augment entries in your Contacts list for your travel contacts. Add information about their travel agency, direct phone line, email address, and fax number. If you use a website, identify ways to get in touch with an actual person to expedite the service. Get in touch with your agent quickly when you need them during your trip, or when you’re ready to plan your next vacation.
Remember, you can access all this information stored in your IQTELL Workspace from wherever you are – from any hotel and from any business center.
Where Do You Want to Go Next?
Use IQTELL to keep track of recommendations you received from friends and family about trips you may like to take and places you may want to visit. If you see and hear ads with attractive deals on flights, packages, cruises, or other interesting trip-related items, create corresponding entries in your IQTELL Workspace. You can even set Reminders so that IQTELL will notify you to take advantage of such offerings in a timely fashion.
Example: Ask your cousin to Share his itinerary for the European tour he took last month. And, when the time is right, begin planning a similar trip yourself.
Personal and Family
- Plan your vacations. Research applicable itineraries and places to see – compare and decide. Keep a record of what is offered, prices, and corresponding websites. Be able to plan and make informed decisions!
- Example: Plan the Spring Break trip to the Caribbean with your sorority sisters. Organize which travel agency to use, which airline to book, and at which resort to stay.
- Choose which travel site to use when booking your trip to visit your significant other. Base your decision on the research you did last time and the price each site was offering.
- After returning from vacation (and even during), keep track of your experiences (the bad, the good, and the ugly). Be able to share useful information with your friends, and be prepared for when you visit some of these places again.
- Manage your itinerary for your business trips.
- Get all the supporting information you need in one place – your overall itinerary and all reservations and confirmation information (airlines, hotels, and car rental).
- Make note of all people you plan to meet, the agenda, and what you need to prepare for those meetings.
- Keep track of your experiences so you can improve future business trips to these locations by identifying the better hotels and restaurants in the area.
- Expand your network of contacts! Maintain information about people you met during business trips. Use your “Contacts” folder in your IQTELL Workspace to efficiently document all the useful information, such as the business they’re in, their skills, and how keeping in touch may be mutually beneficial. For example, contact Fred Gibbs, whom you met last month, to see if his company has an open position in their marketing department.
Manuals & Warranties
Are Your Warranties and Manuals All in One Place?
Do you know where all your purchase documents, receipts, insurance policies, warranties, and manuals are?
In your drawer? In the garage? In the basement? Do you also maintain some additional files, pertaining to what you own, on your computer?
Can you quickly search and find what you’re looking for when you need it most?
Manage It All in Your Cloud Based IQTELL Workspace!
Simplify your life – use IQTELL. (Remember, it is a free account!)
Organize all the documents and information pertaining to your vehicles, properties, appliances, equipment and electronics, and all related files in your IQTELL Workspace.
Most of these documents are already available in electronic format, like a PDF. You can download them from websites, receive them electronically via email, or, you can use a scanner to upload them to your IQTELL Workspace.
Simply attach your files and documents to entries within your “Documents” folder in your IQTELL Workspace. Categorize and organize these documents and files by defining your sub-folders, such as “Medical Insurance”, “Vehicles”, “Homeowner”, “Appliance Warranties”, and anything else that you need (IQTELL enables you to create folders and sub-folders).
For any documents or files you upload, enter a short description, like “Acura Insurance”, “Sony family room warranty”, or “Washer manual”. Record purchase dates and warranty expirations, and optionally add further details and comments.
Quick Access – Find what You Need, When You Need It.
IQTELL provides you with safe storage of all your files, offering a 24/7 backup service.
Access these files and documents from any computer, wherever you are, and whenever you need to!
Quickly locate whatever you need. Use the IQTELL built-in Quick Search capabilities, which performs like web search engines, to find anything you’re looking for within your Workspace. Just type in a phrase or a keyword and press the “Enter” key.
Don’t ever worry about forgetting where you stored an insurance policy, an authenticity certificate, a warranty, or a manual.
Store all of your important vehicle documentation securely in one place. Have quick access to warranties, manuals, registration, title, insurance, and inspection documents in a secure and searchable location. Add pertinent documents when you upgrade your stereo, speakers, or replace tires. Have a separate entry in your “Vehicles” folder for every car, truck, and vehicle you own.
Example: Attach information about your car’s warranty and include the expiration date. Set a Reminder based on that date and have IQTELL send you an email Notification a month in advance so you have time to look into buying an extended warranty.
Don’t pay for repairs that are covered. Add warranty information for your roof, windows, and pool, and quickly check to see which damages are covered by the warranty. You can also include pertinent information such as who installed it and when, how to care for it, and who to call if something goes wrong.
Nearly every piece of electronic equipment comes with some sort of manufacturer’s warranty and user manual, and most of those are available for download from the manufacturer’s website (as PDF files). Eliminate the need to keep countless booklets piled in drawers, and instead, attach these documents to your equipment entries in your “Equipment” folder.
Example: Create an entry for your new computer. Download the manual and warranty files from the manufacturer’s website and attach them to this entry. Also, attach the extended warranty information that you purchased, so that you have all this relevant documents in one place
More Ways to Use IQTELL
- Keep track of appliance warranties, service agreements, insurance policies, and manuals (appliances, equipment, and electronics).
- Keep track of related documents, like bills, payments and receipts for your purchases, renewal of insurances, and extended warranties.
- Manage all property-related documents, such as correspondence, insurances, and contracts.
- Store all of your important vehicle documentation securely in one place. Save key information like your registrations, titles, insurances, warranties, and manuals. Keep track of dates, such as renewal or expiration dates, and set yourself reminders to be notified in advance when action needs to be taken.
- Organize all documents for your personal purchases, including owner’s manuals and warranties.
- Maintain all purchase-related documents of your office equipment and machinery, including information about initial warranties.
- Organize all office-related insurance policies, and related bills, payments, and receipts.
- Organize all equipment-related warranties and manuals within your IQTELL Workspace.
Catalog Your Book Collection
The IQ Application can help you organize your library digitally so that you know what you have, and so you can avoid buying the same book multiple times. If you have digital copies of books for your e-reader, list those books in your IQ Workspace as well so that you have access to your entire collection. Simply indicate whether you own the physical book, a digital copy, or both.
Sort your library by author, title, genre, publishing date, purchase date, or any other way that helps you browse your collection. Or, easily explore your library by using IQTELL’s built-in Quick Search and IQ Search to instantly find what you’re looking for.
Create Your Own Reading List
Organize recommendations from friends and family, list books by your favorite author that you haven’t read, and keep track of what book comes next in a series you’re reading. Easily reference this list when you compile a list of Gift ideas for your upcoming birthday, and Share the list with friends and family.
Create Your Own Wish List
When you’ve read a great book but you don’t own it – perhaps you borrowed it from a friend or the library – mark it as a book you’d like to buy. When you’re at the bookstore and you want to buy a book you’ll cherish, simply consult your list.
Keep Track of Your Favorite Authors
Keep information on hand about your favorite authors. Include their biography and a list of the books, articles, or blogs they’ve written. Add more detailed material like upcoming book signings and websites devoted to the author.
Manage Borrowed Books
Keep track of the books you’ve lent to others and those you’ve borrowed yourself. Know who has the book and when it was borrowed. Also, link entries from your Contacts folder so you know the best way to get in touch with the person who has your book.
Simplify Your Life
- Perform a Quick Search of your library to find the author’s name of a book you read last summer so you can see if her next book has been released.
- Avoid buying a book you might not like – Share your library with friends and family so you can borrow books from one another.
- Set a Reminder for when your favorite author will be at a store near you signing copies of his new book.
- Decide on a personal gift for your sister by asking her to share her list of books she wants to read.
- After reading a great book that you borrowed from your roommate, add it to your list of books to purchase for yourself.
- When you find a book that you borrowed a long time ago, quickly find the Contact information for the person who lent it to you so you can finally return it.
- Keep track of the books you’ve read for school and link assignments you completed about the book from your “Class Work” folder.
- After reading an interesting excerpt from a book while doing research for a paper, add the book to your IQ Workspace. Mark it as something you would like to read later in its entirety.
- When a friend registers for the same class you took last semester, lend them your textbook so they won’t have to purchase a new one, and add their contact information to the book’s entry.